Thursday, September 25, 2008

A blustery day down here....

Wednesday September 24th.

First a question.

How do you spot a tourist on the beach?

They are the ones with the shorts and t-shirts on, while the locals are all huddled up in pants and sweatshirts and/or coats!!!

Had a quiet day today. We went to the driving range this morning. Then we took a long walk on the beach and collected more shells. It was really windy, but nice. The waves were the highest I have seen them since we have been here.

We went to the Atlanta Bread Company again for lunch then looked around the stores. Got some really good deals, and only looked in a few stores........we will have to go again so I can finish looking around the stores...drat..eh...LOL

By the way, should say I have discovered the Belk's department store, pretty pricey unless you get things on sale for 75% off!!!!! Guess who had a good time in that store!!

One thing we have discovered, is that if you can afford to pay $140 for a round of golf, you generally can't be bothered to pick up your golf balls when they go off course. Me and dh have picked up 6 golf balls in the last couple of days, including a Nike one, so dh is all happy about that!!!

As we haven't done much today, I wanted to share with you some more photos that I took yesterday.

Don't you think this looks freaky? It looks like its from another planet.



This grass is so silky, you just have to touch it.



There is Pampas Grass everywhere, another grass you just have to touch.



Now occasionally I take what I think is a good photo, I have no idea how or why, but I think this one is a good one of this birdie.



Today's update on the police car, it was still there when we went past at lunch time, but when we came back at 4pm it had gone...........I am so glad they remembered where they put their police car, its a relief...LOL

So anyhow, that's sort of our day. Now tomorrow (Thursday) its supposed to be a miserable day, so I suppose I should do more shopping {{{SIGH}}} The things I have to do......

8 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

I love Atlanta Bread Company...Yum!
You're right Belk's is pricey, but their sales are great!

Unknown said...

That is so weird about the police car! Glad you're having a good time.

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
Looks like a fun trip.
O.K. Friend ,FORCE yourself to get up and get out the door to go shopping, I know it will be hard but you can do it!lol
Blessins',Lib

Sandi McBride said...

So happy for you enjoying your day so much! Shopping at Belks can be an experience, too true...and I'm one of those looking for the huge discounts, too lol...have fun
Sandi

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Be brave, someone has to shop or those poor stores would have to close. You could be saving jobs, helping families....think of the good you are doing. ;-)

cheshire wife said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your holiday. It is fascinating to read about life in other countries and I enjoy visiting your blog.

There is an Arte Y Pico award waiting for you on my blog when it is convenient for you to collect.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bird.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, poor you having to shop like that, the torture ;) A great day all round. Hope your dh is feeling better. I wonder if you got a bad day of rain, really hope not but if it was anything like up here you may have. More great photos. Looking forward to the next instalment.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...