Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here and there........

Tuesday September 23rd.

This morning we went to Charleston Museum, it was part of the package of tickets we bought. Not bad, had a few interesting items in there, including some quilts. We were allowed to take photos, but not use the flash, so I need to see if I can lighten the photos I took.

We then walked to a quilt store a couple of streets away and I bought some material:



and a pattern to make this bag.



I bought way more material than I need, as it was a good price at around $5.50 a yard. A couple of them is from the Historic Charleston collection.

We had lunch out, then came back to the condo for a while.

We then went for a walk around the community and I took a number of photos.

There are a number of lagoons on the property and these notices are posted:



This was all the wildlife I saw in the lagoons:



This is the fancy dancy hotel on the resort, and boy is it pricey, see the rates here



A couple of houses that back right onto the ocean, they are really nice.



These ones are mainly rental properties.



There are two golf courses that meander their way through the community, here is a view of a green. Dh found two golf balls on our walk today, so he was pleased. One course it costs $140 a round, the other is $80.



There are also a number of tennis courts, not sure how much it costs to rent a court. You can also rent a bike:



This is how much it costs to rent a bike:


We haven't rented one!!! Its a pricey place. To buy the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo we are in which is facing the ocean is around the $700,000 to $800,000 mark, plus of course your condo fees. There are a number of houses in the million plus mark, and honestly with the threat of hurricanes I wouldn't want one!!

Oh and now for today's police car update...............its moved, another hundred yards up the road, still no one in it though.......very puzzling!!!!

Also poor old dh is still as sick as a dog, and the "no see um's" followed us on our walk today, so have fresh bites to add to our collection!!

Anyhow, that's today's update. Thanks again everyone who is commenting I really appreciate it.

5 comments:

Lib said...

HI Gill,Enjoyed the pix. thanks for sharing!
Hope ya'll have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Unknown said...

The alligator sign reminds me of the Bear signs all around BC & Alberta (as far as I've travelled... lol). How many alligators have you seen? I imagine you need to be on constant alert mode so as not to startle them accidentally?

DeniseinVA said...

Great pictures Gill, so much fun to travel right along with you. Next best thing to traveling myself as your descriptions are so well written, I can put myself in your shoes. Thanks for another great post.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

I'm enjoying the tour of Charleston, since I've only been to the Isle of Palms beach (twice) and a local barbecue restaurant with my son's family. It is nice to read about some of the other historic places. Homes in South Carolina are generally more affordable than other parts of the US. It would be interesting to compare to the cost of houses on the coast in Maryland, Maine, Oregon, and California.

Expat mum said...

Oh I love Charleston but couldn't live there because of the bugs - and gators come to think of it!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...