Wednesday, October 8, 2008

50 + 1 Recipes for Garlic..........

I don't know about you I don't really think of Garlic as a vegetable, but it is, so thought I'd see what we could make with garlic this week. I grew a few garlic plants in my garden again this year. Simple crop to grow.

1. Garlic Bread ~ a personal favourite of mine

2. Garlic Potato Pie ~ this sounds so good

3. Cabbage and Garlic Soup

4. Garlic Roasted Potatoes

5. Baked Garlic Croutons

6. Roasted Garlic

7. Garlic Bites

8. Garlic Bruschetta

9. Garlic Cheese Spread

10. Garlic Chicken

11. Garlic Mashed Potatoes

12. Garlic Mushroom Chicken

13. Garlic Mushrooms

14. Garlic Mustard Pork

15. Garlic Tomato Sauce

16. Garlic Gazpacho Soup

17. White Garlic Sauce

18. Garlic Basil Mayonnaise

19. Garlic Ginger Pork Roast

20. Garlic Mushroom Ragout

21. Garlic Herb Crusted Prime Rib Roast

22. Good Old Garlic Soup ~ not sure about this one????

23. Laura's Pickled Garlic

24. Garlic Teriyaki Edamame

25. Scott Ure's Clams And Garlic

26. Ten Clove Garlic Marinade

27. Dilled Garlic

28. Garlic Spinach Balls

29. Papa Felico's Garlic Sausage Bread

30. Garlic Onion Focaccia

31. Onion Garlic Cheese Bread

32. Garlic Kissed Tomatoes

33. Garlic Pork Roast

34. Italian Garlic and Onion Rice

35. Tomato Garlic Rice

36. Baked Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic ~ I would love to try this, but not sure if I would dare!!!

37. The Original Caesar Salad Recipe ~ I never make homemade caesar salad dressing, maybe I should, as it doesn't look that hard........

38. Pasta Con Broccoli Recipe

39. Oven Roasted Italian Tomato Sauce

40. Lemon Garlic Pork Roast

41. Roasted Garlic Recipe

42. Barbara's Holiday Garlic Ice Cream ~ I don't think so.....

43. Onions Stuffed with Garlic

44. Grilled Chicken and Roasted Garlic Sandwiches

45. Garlic Fries ~ Yum, Yum!!

46. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

47. Early Garlic Greens

48. Cream of Garlic Soup

49. Garlic Cauliflower

50. Barbecued Garlic

51. Garlic Bologna

Now I will say there are one or two recipes there that I wouldn't try for all the tea in China...the icecream recipe for instance, but some of the others look pretty good. I hope you try the odd one and if you do try the icecream recipe let me know?

Also check out this blog, as they farm Organic Garlic.

Next week its green beans.

Nutrition Information for Garlic:
The following nutrition information is for one serving of garlic. That would be about one clove of garlic, or three grams. This general information is for any variety of raw garlic.
Macronutrients:
Water: 1.76 g
Calories: 4
Protein: 0.19 g
Carbohydrates: 0.99 g
Fiber: 0.1 g
Sugars: 0.03 g

http://nutrition.about.com/od/fruitsandvegetables/p/garlic.htm

6 comments:

Unknown said...

the 40 clove garlic chicken, is just divine...I would make it again in a heart beat.

A must try

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the recipes! My brother has tried garlic ice cream and if done right he says it tastes really good.

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
Oh I love these post!
Thanks! Hope you have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks for the comments.

Gill

DeniseinVA said...

More wonderful recipes Gill. I love garlic, and it's a very healthy little vegetable, extremely good for you. I will enjoy trying these recipes. Thanks for sharing them.

Jan said...

There are some really yummy sounding recipes in this list, I just love garlic.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...