Friday, November 28, 2008

Crockpot Beans and Sausage Casserole........

This is my own recipe, adapt it to suit your family.

Ingredients:

1 package of Breakfast Sausages, I used the Maple flavoured ones, regular sausage will work just the same
2 Cans of Baked Beans
2 Onions Sliced
Potatoes, enough to feed your family, cubed, or frozen baby potatoes.



Slice the onions and place them on the bottom of the crock pot. Cut sausages into bite size pieces, place on top of onions, then put in the potatoes. I use frozen baby potatoes, as buy them on sale with a coupon for 99 cents.



Pour the cans of baked beans on top of the potatoes. I used southwestern baked beans, which have corn and peppers in them. I got them given, and wanted to use them.



Cook on low for 8 hours.



We had it with bread and butter, it was good, and so simple.

11 comments:

Lakeland Jo said...

we will try this recipe- we are very fond of sausage casserole in our family- especially in the chilly weather. Mind you, the maple flavoured sausages will be a push over here! We have lots of flavours these days but not that one...

Rinkly Rimes said...

That recipe made me wish we had maple-flavoured sausages too!

Clippy Mat said...

that's what i call comfort food.
going to try that one.
:-)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gil: That looks very satifying for certain.

Olga said...

I cook a lot of my meals in exactly the same way: looks like a perfect comfort meal for a cold day!

mommanator said...

I know my hubby will like this one for sure!

Tea Time With Melody said...

OK, since I am NOT a sausage person, what do you have for a beef stew!!! :)

lorenzothellama said...

Hello Gill! I just wandered over from Merisi.

I will certainly try your recipe but with Linda McCartney Veggie sausages!

Lib said...

Hi GIll,
I'll have to try this,sounds yummy!
HAve a great day!
Blessins',Lib

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful cold day food, and we both love sausages in this house. Looking forward to trying another delicious recipe of yours.

Jan said...

That looks like a hearty dinner, perfect for this cold weather.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...