Sunday, January 4, 2009

Follow up to yesterday's post...........

What you all had to say got me thinking. I do believe if I had seen the show Mama Mia at the theatre, as a live performance I think it would probably have been more enjoyable. Going from a live show to a movie, it may have lost that "something."

I have also found that when books are made into movies I find there is a 50/50 chance you will either be pleased with the movie or just plain hate it. One example of this "Angela's Ashes," by Frank McCourt. The book was super, but the movie was just missing something.

I am sure you know of many more examples, and would love to hear all your thoughts on this?

Also as you may or may not know I am a Bzz Agent, one of the sites they are featuring which I found interesting is this site: Free Rice It makes you think, and is worth a visit. If anyone is familiar with this site, how do you know if they actually give rice?

Also here is a how too site that is interesting: Instructables

Did you remember to put your 25 cents into your pot today? You have already saved $1, just like that!

6 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I also give to Freerice. I feel useful when I see the dish filling up but I have no idea what happens after that!

By the way, my head was full of 'Wuthering Heights' romance, until I saw it on the screen! Then it became a pretty silly story!

Tania said...

Going well so far, we have one dollar in the tin!


I haven't got to see Mamma Mia yet. By the sounds of it I haven't missed much.

Tania

George said...

I'm usually disappointed if I see a movie after reading the book.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Deb, I'm sure seeing the show live is MUCH better than seeing it as a movie. I've also been told NEVER to go and see a movie IF you have already read the book. You will probably be disappointed.

Hugs
Betsy

Rudee said...

There aren't too many movies I like as much as the book. That goes for plays as well. If you didn't read Wicked for instance, it's hard to be sympathetic to the wicked witch. If you read the book, you go see the play with a smoldering dislike for that goody two shoes witch. Nothing she does from that point can win you over. One cheers the underdog-the wicked witch. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I'd seen the play before the movie. Confused, I think.

Jean said...

I enjoyed the exuberance of the movie and the singing and craziness. It probably was better in the theatre as you have the audience around you. I have to say, though, the storyline is sort of stupid, but you are so busy tapping your toes and trying not to jump up and start singing, that it doesn't matter.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...