Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Took your advise.....................

I did pick some raspberries, 21 half pints for sale and a small dish for us.



I cut some grass and even picked some weeds out of the veggie patch, and I have discovered I have five butternut squash plants growing in amongst the weeds. The three zucchini plants are flowering.

I even dug up a potato top to see how they are coming along, and below is what I dug up. They are of course not ready but there was enough for me and dh's supper on Tuesday night and they were ssssoooooo good, very sweet and very tender.


The most amazing thing about all this we weren't even planning on putting in a vegetable garden this year, so everything is a bonus.

So the doctors visit. I now have a outer ear infection, not an inner ear infection now, so have antibiotic drops for my ears, why I couldn't have got these last week is beyond me? I also have drops for my eyes, a nasal spray and some allergy medication for night. I would actually like to have an allergy test to see exactly what I have allergies too, which I think would be helpful, wouldn't you?



8 comments:

Lakeland Jo said...

sounds like you are starting to work through the difficulties which is great. As you say once you know what you are allergic to you can manage it. Raspberries look lovely

stitchersanon said...

If you ahve an allergy test, there is no point getting a skin prick test as an allergy to one thing can make your skin hyper sensitive to the other things..even though they will not trigger a reaction.
You need a blood test to test for antibodies. Amazing what a wealth of info I am lol....endless test withmy son who is allergic to everything! They usually only do them if it is very serious. See if you change during different times of the year.

Clippy Mat said...

I knew it wouldn't take a lot for you to get back up on the saddle.
Well done on the fruit and vegetables. :-)

CannedAm said...

I started getting outer ear infections as an adult, too. Oh the pain. :( After prescription drops and continual repeat infections, I started using a mix of 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 vinegar. Vinegar kills the bacteria, alcohol dries up the liquid. Now when I feel that pain starting, I just use 3 drops in the affected ear and no more visits to the doctor.

With how severe your allergic reaction came on for a first time, I would absolutely seek testing to see what the culprit is.

Patty said...

Yes, you need to ask your family doctor to refer you to an allergist. That way they can test you. I found I was allergic to weeds, grasses, pollen, trees, dust and molds. So I was a mess almost year round until I got enough of the vaccines in me to start building up my immunity. Some people that did the shots told me, well I hope they work for you, they didn't work for me. I found out later, they started them, but found it too much trouble to take them every week, so they stopped. I took them for about ten years before I finally stopped them. And I found they helped me. Good luck.

The raspberries look very yummy.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wow your raspberries are looking good, has are your potatoes. That's great. Glad you were finally able to get the proper medicine for your ear infection. Hope you're health improves soon. Hugs..

Denise said...

You surely do have a nasty ear infection and I hope the latest meds clear it up fast. The fruit and veggie find is great.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Gill, are you able to get Chloraseptic's AllergenBlock in the pharmacies up there? It is OTC but not a drug. Designed by an engineer for his daughter who had to take lots of antihistamines. It's a gel you rub around your nostrils and upper lip -- works like these electrostatically charged filters to remove allergens from the air. Really works for DH; he hasn't used antihistamines since he started with the AllergenBlock. Sells on Amazon, too.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...