Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy quilting.

I spent part of Wednesday sewing this months block, Buckeye Beauty   I actually sewed the pink one first as I have decided the pattern that they give me, always gives me problems; and as I have more pink material than the black, white and red, I can't afford to waste that material.  So here it is:


With the sashings:

This is the first three blocks all with the sashings attached:

This is the pink and cream one:

Here are the three pink and cream blocks. I haven't attached the sashings yet, as I haven't got the material picked out yet. I don't think I have enough material for the sashings, as it takes 1.2 metre's per colour, and I need 2 colours.  What colour's do you think will look good for the sashings?

It was a lot colder on Wednesday, had to put the fire on just after lunch as dh was saying he thought the house hasn't been as warm.  Meanwhile I was sweating buckets...........oh the joys of those hot flashes!!!

A bit of fun today!! California Raisins - "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer."

10 comments:

Tracey said...

You've gone all Canadian....have you forgotten your roots? it's hot flushes that we get!! LOL xxx

BadPenny said...

Quilt looks super. I'll be posting about my crafty fing later - I braved Southampton for a few hours.

The calender is from Scats - a country store ...would you like one ? ! I go there for my chicken feed

Anonymous said...

wow.. love the light pink ones.. seems to me most of my quilts are like this..

xxoo as I adore quilts!!!!! The raisins I can pass on. heehee

Lib said...

How Lovely!You're doing a Great job!
I'm not quilting but stitching the days away. Its cold out and may get snow so a good time to playing in fabric:o)
OH Those Hot Flashes!!!!Terrible!
Have a warm and cozy day!
Blessins',Lib

Ella said...

Gill~~
What a beautiful quilt. I just love it .
Christmas Blessings,
GG

Scrappy quilter said...

The blocks are looking great. I'd pick greens or burgundies for the sashing if it was me. For the greens I'd have a dark one and a lighter one. Almost the same with the burgundies. Can't wait to see it all finished.

As to those hot flashes, a cold drink of orange juice does the trick. Sure worked for me. Hugs

Dewdrop said...

Your comment function is disabled on your skywatch post! Lovely shots though! What a view!

Merry Christmas!

hetty said...

Your quilt blocks look amazing!

John Going Gently said...

I have a blue patchwork quilt whiC h I LOVE TO DEATH......looks very cold where you are

MyBulletinBoard said...

Got your note. Just a weird week. The Organizer is decorating the tree -- quite a process! Loved your snow pics on Skywatch, just make sure you keep the white stuff or send it to Carol -- not ME!!!

Hugs, Liz in the Snowless Republic

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...