Friday, July 30, 2010

Another busy day on my day off........

However I have to say it was a perfect day weather wise as there was no humidity.  It was gorgeous, and for the first time in a couple of weeks the a/c didn't come on, which was good.

I got half of the remainder of the logs moved and stacked.  My back was killing me, so I will complete the job probably on Sunday morning.

I had to nip into town for a couple of things, and then I made a start on the grass.  I managed to get the rest of the field cut, and round by the blackcurrant bushes and the front lawn.  The field will be to cut again the beginning of next week, as it was so long, I had to lift the blades higher, which in turn means I couldn't cut it as short.

It's a long weekend for us here in Ontario, so my goal for this weekend is to cut all the grass.  My potato tops are also dying?  So I need to dig up those also this weekend.  I dug up four tops on Thursday and was pretty disappointed on how few there were on each plant.

Today's Peek from the Past is here  I haven't seen the horses for a while, maybe they are on their summer holidays?

I'm at work again today, actually pleased about that, as maybe I can get a rest........

10 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I was thinking the same thing about your going to work. You get more rest, sustain less bodily injury, and aren't accused of breaking the bloody tractor -- again.

Liz, The Republic

Unknown said...

Oh please stop! You are making me feel tired for you! It sounds like you have such a lot of things to do. Be sure to rest too! Susie xxx

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have to move our wood pile and I'm dreading it--Actually I'm hoping my husband will do it while I'm out of town--We'll see! Hope you enjoy your weekend Gill!!

Anonymous said...

Take a break! :o) Glad the humidity has subsided for you!

Stephanie V said...

Whenever I'm feeling overworked, I just have to read your posts. You really work so hard. Enjoy the rest of being 'at work'.

Chicken Boys said...

Stay cool this weekend. Don't over do it. You have an award at my blog, too.
~Randy

Jenn Jilks said...

Too hot to garden here. may go play in the lake. By back, too, is sore. After 12 days in motels house hunting - I ate too much and did too little. sigh.

mommanator said...

I must color you BUSY all the time!

Evelyn said...

I can relate to going to work for a break! we have a long weekend here too

Karine said...

You have black currents on your land??? Lucky you, I love those!

I love your blast from the pas, I'm a huge horse lover and rode dressage for six year. I'm dying to get back into it, but would need to get my hands on a car and some extra funds to be able to do it...

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...