Friday, July 16, 2010

Good news, bad news......

Good news, we have central air now....YEAH!!! And it's not one million degrees in the house anymore.....which in turn means I am not as miserable and neither should dh be..........oh and then there is the bad news.............I have knackered broken the lawn tractor AGAIN.  This time it's not the blades, I have broken the cutting deck, so dh has had to dismantle it and take it too work to have it welded..........so dh is miserable..........and I am in the dog house AGAIN!  By the way I have no idea how I did it!


This was the sun rising on Thursday morning, gorgeous isn't it?
On Wednesday morning, we had a couple of deer in the yard, and they were big and pretty close to the house.  Well that was until Molly saw them and all hell broke loose, as she went mad barking like a crazy dog.
I am quite sure, if those deer had come close to Molly she would have been terrified!!

Oh and the rabbit I posted about in this post; well it must have told all his friends that we have a veggie patch, as guess what I saw in my veggie patch.....yep more rabbits!!  So I guess next year we will have to make the veggie patch rabbit proof {SIGH}

17 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Those deer look nice and plump. They must be chowing down on the veggies along with the rabbits? Neat photos.

Lakeland Jo said...

the joys of country living eh? Bad luck on the mower ... great pics though X

Mami said...

How closely the deers are !!

CannedAm said...

When I lived in the country, I kept the rabbits away from the food I was growing by feeding them near the forest edge. They like to eat at dawn and dusk and I'd take out my vegetable scraps and salad leavings just near where I'd seem them return to when I'd had to chase them from my veggie patch. It worked out well so long as I did it fairly regularly.

Niki said...

Ahhh...the joys of country living,....I know them well.

But happy about your AC!!!

Stephanie V said...

Oh, no, rabbits are not so cute in the veggie patch.
Glad you've cooled off - nice looking unit.

MyBulletinBoard said...

We gave up growing lettuce. It gets tough really fast here, so we let the rabbits have it. Same for pak choi, which I decided I don't like. Seems to keep them off the stuff we really like. . . . . .Good luck on the mower. I'd ask Santa for a larger machine. You have so much to cut. Afraid you're going to wear out your tailbone bouncing over all that ground.

Liz, The Republic

Leiani said...

Deer! How wonderful.

Karine said...

Good for you for the Central Air! You must be feeling so much better :o) That's too bad for the tractor though.

Those deer are lovely, I always find them to be such peaceful creatures. My Sweetheart and I were so shocked once, we saw some in the woods in the middle of North York!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely to see the deer - shame about the rabbits devouring your veg.

Pretty sunrise though Gill. A x

Jenny said...

well said

Lib said...

Glad You have AC now!
Love the deers photos.
Hope the tractor is fixed soon!
Blessins',Lib

Kim said...

Just back from Cuba and catching up on my blog reading - you asked about my son's braces - the total cost for everything over 3 yrs is $5700, DH's company insurance only covers $1500 - so they better do the job! :)

The Witch said...

GILL,
I've seen a few Rabbits but not in the garden as yet. I'm told that if you hang a old pair of sneakers out they can smell them and won't go into the garden. Worth a try.
No deers here to worry about.
Glad you have central air!!!!
I's sure Molly also is relieved too.
Enjoy your weekend.

Winifred said...

Well now there's one way around that lawn mower breaking. Get your husband to cut the lawn!

Fancy deer in your garden and I think it's great if I see a pheasant or a squirrel! Never seen rabbits, maybe the cat keeps them away.

Roan said...

Nice shot of the deer. Is it a white tail?

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! I'm catching up on your blog and see that you were in the dog-house--At least it was cooler in there! :-)))

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...