Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another yummy recipe and a Happy Birthday.......

I first saw this recipe over at Prairie Farmstead Pondering's and thought it looked good and believe me it is.


3 Eggs
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2 cups Granulated Sugar
2 tsps Vanilla
2 cups Zucchini/Courgette; coarsely shredded
1 (8.5 oz) can Crushed Pineapple; well drained
3 cups Flour
2 tsps Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsps Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 cup Chopped Nuts or Currants



Cream together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla.  Stir in the zucchini and pineapple.  In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.  Stir the dry ingredients gently into the zucchini mixture until just blended.  Divide the batter into 2 greased and sugared 5 x 9 loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn onto a rack.


This is as moist and flavourful as it looks in the photo, and is definitely a keeper, and a good way to use up all that shredded zucchini in the freezer.

Now one thing Miss J mentions on her blog is she will use her "canned pineapple" that in reality is actually canned zucchini that tastes like pineapple.  They were talking about how good it is on another forum I go on.  Here is the link for the recipe to make canned pineapple out of zucchini/courgette.


A big, big Happy Birthday to my baby brother who although is no longer a baby......well except when he is ill......he'll always be my baby brother.  Hope you have a lovely day, where ever you are?

5 comments:

Our Spin Cycle said...

Hi, Gill! I'm so glad you were pleased with the results of the bread. I do believe it is my new favorite zucchini bread by far!

I feel so special that you linked up to my blog ~ now if I could just get a few more souls to comment so I know they actually visit. Woe is me. Heeheehee!

Hope you're feeling better...

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like a lovely recipe and am adding it to my list. Are you feeling better? Hope so! I had a chat with my son yesterday. Sounds like he had the same kind of bad cold, thought he was almost over it then it came back like gangbusters. Happy Birthday to your brother.

daxingcujo said...

Hiya Gill
Great recipe!! thanks for finding it!
I don't really hate any month because each season has something new.

Stella Jones said...

That looks absolutely delicious Gill. I could just eat a slice now! I wouldn't have thought that zuchini tasted anything like pineapple though? What would you use shredded zuchini for?

Rose said...

One of these days I am going to print off a bunch of the recipes you have shared...this one sounds yummy!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...