Thursday, March 24, 2011

{SIGH} back to square one AGAIN......

We got another dumping of snow yesterday and as I am writing this the snow plow is just going by and is no doubt dumping a pile of snow at the end of our driveway.  No doubt any of the bulbs in my garden have shot back underground again.  I wonder if they will ever want to pop their heads back through again.

It's been an awful long winter this year.  I don't know if this is month four or five now.  I know we got snow in December, but have a feeling it was snowing way back in November as well.

I posted a couple of ads on Kijiji yesterday of these light fixtures:

No idea if they will sell or not, but thought I would try and see if it worked and it is free to post on there.  I posted more than the one photo on each ad to give people more detail.  I put a price of $75 for the blue pair, as I saw this one on another site and they want $95 for it and it is similar.  The single on I put $35.  I am willing to take less, but figured I would try for more to start with.  I have a nearly new stove hood/extraction fan downstairs I think I will post that for sale as well, as it is just taking up valuable space.  Figured if I asked $25 for it someone may buy it from me.

Out and about this morning, then I will no doubt have to snow blow when I get back in.  Enjoy your Thursday and hope you're not covered in snow where ever you live! 

14 comments:

lulu's missives said...

Sorry about the snow.
Complete opposite from London. We're having a very balmy, late spring/early summer sort of week.
Lovely sunshine.
Hang in there.....the weather will eventually pass. x

Valerie said...

I'm afraid I'm bragging too, the weather is beautiful here.

Jane and Chris said...

This winter is longer that last year;we got snow earlier,it's been colder and I figured out that last year at this time all the snow had gone, it was 5C (YES!!! above freezing)and we had already spent a weekend in the veggy patch.
Got our electricity bill in yesterday,it was $60 less than the last one (which was the old system), the rebate wasn't on it and we were charged $1 delivery charge for each $1 of hydro. We seriously no longer know how to cut back. And what the heck is a 'regulatory 'charge??????
Jane x

John Going Gently said...

APOLOGIES BUT ITS SUNNY AND 60 DEGREES HERE
SORRY
XXX

Lib said...

Hope Spring arrives soon!
Have agreat day!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

It's been raining all week here since Spring started, so don't feel too bad, Gill. However, I'm positive rain is easier to deal with than snow.

The light fixtures are lovely, I sure hope they sell for you. It's always nice to get a few extra bucks in our pockets. :)

Have a great day!

MyBulletinBoard said...

Those are beautiful fixtures! The price sounds good to me. Hope they sell soon. ~Liz

Scrappy quilter said...

We didn't get the snow, however now it's mighty cold. -21C here this morning. We've had snow since Oct. We still have tons of snow as well. Hope you have success sales. Hugs

Kim said...

We only got a tiny dusting of snow here in Bowmanville yesterday but it is pretty cold out there.

Don't forget to try Craigslist as well, I believe they are free too.

Stephanie V said...

Really hate to say that yesterday felt like a summer day...and the cherry trees are blooming. It can't last...the clouds are already gathering.
Good luck with your selling adventure.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! I'm sitting here with cold feet and a few snow flurries are expected. I always forget just how determined and stubborn winter can be!!

Rose said...

I keep thinking I will try selling some stuff on Ebay or Craigslist, but never do. Let us know if you sell or just get inquiries or what.

Bonnie said...

We haven't had snow for a couple of days now but at -25 in the morning it still feels too wintery for me. Our snow will be with us for a while yet, still a few feet in the yard.

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry about the snow Gill, hope it doesn't hang around long. Good luck on selling those light fixtures.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...