Sunday, March 6, 2011

Something to make you smile today....


What a cutie he is and that laugh is infectious.

It rained most of the day on Saturday which did help melt some snow, but didn't do much for the ice {SIGH}  I walked down the driveway to pick up the newspaper with Molly and nearly fell on my backside a few times.  The only reason I took Molly with  me as she wouldn't go out in the rain by herself......remember she is allergic to getting wet........or so she tells me!!!

I did some grocery shopping at the dreaded Wal-Mart as dh needed a new bedside clock as his stopped working.  I can never seem to get the great deals that everyone else gets in that store.  Even dh was shocked at how much it all was.  The clock with taxes was probably $20 and I used $3.50 in coupons and all the groceries fit into 4 shopping bags and it cost $91.  I checked my receipt and everything was correct........one thing for sure it's good that I take dh grocery shopping every now and then as then he sees how much everything costs.  I then called in at Sobeys as they had the "good" milk on for $4.44 a 4 litre bag so got a couple bags of that and some other things and that came to $21.  I have no idea how a family manages to afford all the things they need nowadays?

If you have a minute read this news story, shows the devotion of a parent and a child.

Must go to church today as I haven't been in three weeks..........enjoy your Sunday

16 comments:

JohnD said...

Betcha Dad would be laughing just as loud if it was the mortgage being torn up! LOL!

JohnD said...

ps - Milk is currently on sale at Coles Supermarket in Australia for $1AUS/litre ($2AUS for a 2 litre container) and the poor old dairy farmer is going broke at 33c/litre "at the farm gate"!

Janet said...

That baby`s adorable ! have a great Sunday !

Valerie said...

Loved the video. I was laughing with the baby... laughter is so infectious. I never use Wal-Mart known as Asda here. The minute they took over everything changed and not for the better. Curious about the 'good' milk - is there any other kind?

Scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree about the cost of food. It's been tough here. Don't forget to stop by my blog today. Hope you have a wonderful Sun. Hugs

JudiB said...

Loved the video..nothing like a babys laugh to give you a giggle.
Well ice was what we had as well..wow...what trip to the barn yesterday. Then this morning we had to dig ourselves out..ugh!! Lots of snow and it is blowing so more drifting.
Groceries..3 bags $90..is the average. It is just incredible..and like you I worry about some families with less income. What are they going to do..and the hydro..don't get me started. Starting my laundry at 9pm does not sit well with me!!
Try and have a good week..lol.

Judi B.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Gill...you won my draw!!!! I thought I'd leave a message here as I wasn't sure if you are still having email issues.

Erm...I thought the baby was a girl?

Stella Jones said...

Laughed and cried actually. Two truly amazing videos. Thank you for sharing with us.

MyBulletinBoard said...

WalMart here is going up, too. Butter was $2.28, now $2.98!! ~Liz

DeniseinVA said...

That is truly a wonderful video. You can't help but end up laughing just watching it. What a cute little baby and such a joy. Thanks for sharing it. Hope you stay on your feet and don't hurt yourself with the ice that is still hanging around.

DeniseinVA said...

I have seen the Dad and his son before. How amazing and so inspirational, good role models for us all.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

What a fabulous video Gill - it was such a delight to see and hear that little child chuckling so hard. I called my husband to see it and we were both laughing at it. A x

angela said...

There is nothing in the world nicer than a babies laugh!
Only problem is it wont be so funny if he starts to rip up expensive books.
Have a great day and be careful walking on the ice.

London Caller said...

Ha ha... That's so sweet!
Definitely better than a toy.

Unknown said...

Love it! The baby has the same giggle as my granddaughter, only she doesn't giggle to that extreme. He had me giggling along, too :)

Like Valerie, I'm confused about "good" milk. Can you buy "bad" milk in the States?

Rose said...

It is amazing what we spend at Walmart...but would spend so much more for the same things at other stores. For things like hamburger, roasts, etc...I usually shop our local IGA and I get it cheaper.

I cannot tell you the times though that I come home and add up the receipt...by rounding off numbers to see if I have been over charged at Walmart and so far never have. But sometimes it just seems like so much for so little.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...