Friday, November 18, 2011

"A Lancaster County Christmas," by Suzanne Woods Fisher

"A Lancaster County Christmas," by Suzanne Woods Fisher


Mattie Riehl was hoping to give her husband, Sol, the Christmas gift they have both longed for--news that a baby was on the way. But as usual, she is disappointed. The holidays bring an acute awareness to Mattie that her dream of a big Amish family isn't likely to become a reality. Will those empty chairs at the table ever be filled?

Then a winter storm raging outside blows an impatient young woman and her husband into the Riehl home on Christmas Eve--and into a much slower pace of life.

Both couples are about to find out if they can weather the storm--and if miracles still happen at Christmastime.



This is one of those feel good books with a predictable ending I'm afraid.  It wasn't an unpleasant read, far from it in fact, it was a story where you knew exactly what was going to happen though.

It brought together two different couples from two different worlds each with their own problems and thanks to one another, they worked out their problems with help from God.  Again I didn't like the ending, I didn't feel as though it gave the book closure.  Maybe the author is going to write a sequel to this book?

Star out of 5: 3 It was an easy read and if you like anything Amish you'll enjoy this book.  I was let down with the actual story and the ending though.



"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.



Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this book even though the outcome was predictable. A great little Christmas story. Hugs

Kaisievic said...

Thanks for the review - she is a new author to me. I have just downloaded 'The Waiting' to my kindle so I will try her out.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh dear. You are causing me to put lots of books on my wish list!

Even though you say the ending is predictable, I DO like anything Amish, so....it's going on my wish list! xx

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...