Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More decluttering and a book Review

(I AM PLAYING AROUND WITH MY BLOG DESIGN, SO THERE MAY BE A FEW CHANGES ALONG THE WAY!!)

I managed to get one box emptied and one cupboard in the Welsh Dresser in the living room sorted.

Before:

After:



It may seem as though I am flitting from one project to another without completing anything at this point, but some projects merge with other projects when they need to be completed.  Case in point I had a big box of envelopes laying around in the living room.  I wanted to put them in one of the drawers in the kitchen dresser.  To do that though I had to clean out the dresser, which is what I ended up doing.

Here is a photo of the kitchen dresser:

I couldn't be bothered to take a photo of every drawer before and after, but here is some of the stuff I got rid of:

I will say that this project wasn't on the cards until next week, but I wanted to find a home for those envelopes, so I guess I may as well declutter as I am going along, right?  Those plastic chopping boards haven't seen the light of day since we moved in nearly three years ago, so out they went!!

"Sixty Acres and a Bride," by Regina Jennings


With nothing to their names, young widow Rosa Garner and her mother-in-law return to their Texas family ranch. Only now the county is demanding back taxes and the women have just three months to pay.
Though facing eviction, Rosa falls in love with the countryside and the wonderful extended family who want only her best. They welcome her vivacious spirit and try to help her navigate puzzling American customs. She can't help but stand out, though, and her beauty captures attention. Where some offer help with dangerous strings attached, only one man seems honorable. But when Weston Garner, still grieving his own lost love, is unprepared to give his heart, Rosa must decide to what lengths she will go to save her future.

This is Regina's first novel and it's a great one.  The leading characters are people you can relate too and Rosa's personality is such that you want her to succeed in everything you do.  One thing though I couldn't visualize Weston, not sure if that makes sense or not?  

It was a book that I couldn't put down and I even stayed up until 10:30 p.m. to finish it as I didn't want to go to bed wondering what would happen next. 

Stars out of 5 : 5 a great book with an interesting story.  It's worth while book to borrow or buy.  Can't wait until Regina's publishes her next book.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

Oh, and if you haven't entered my Giveaway, pop over and do it now, click here!!

22 comments:

Mrs Thrifty said...

HI Gill, decluttering looks amazing! Tried to join your blog but couldn't find where to join......... x

Mrs Thrifty said...

HI Gill, decluttering looks amazing! Tried to join your blog but couldn't find where to join......... x

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Your blog reconstruction is coming along very nicely, Gill. Even a couple new changes from when I first had a look see. Where has your follower list gone to?

Debby said...

You are so right, start at one place and it seems you have to run all over the house doing things! I have a closet and cabnit to knock out today then I am done for the week!! Not much to do in our living space but next week will be a bugger!!!

Fee said...

Oh well done Gill. Just wanted to put a flag up for a site I found yesterday called Toluna, not sure if you have had a go on that one yet but thought I would share as you were so helpful with swagbucks!

fee

Out My window said...

Good with the decluttering and I love that dresser!

Lena said...

Good job on decluttering. And I love your kitchen dresser! It's beautiful and functional.

Scarlet said...

You're doing so well with your decluttering. I'm impressed!

Sally said...

I need to do exactly what you're doing; decluttering. I keep putting it off!

That books sounds really good, and something I would enjoy. Thanks for the review! :)

Nancy said...

So proud of you, Gill -- you are really making your home look tidy. :)

Scrappy quilter said...

I just started reading this one and I agree. It's great so far.

Great job on your decluttering. Hugs

Jane said...

You got rid of the mini marshmallows?? Oh darn! They're stale you say? I LOVE them when they are a bit hard and chewy and yes, I AM weird that way. Licorice is better stale too!

Unknown said...

Gill, you are one woman on a mission!

Sft x

Lena said...

Hey Gill, I tagged you in a little questionnaire on my blog. Come join me and spread some love:) Thank you!

Little Lamb said...

You're doing really well on decluttering!

I tagged you in a fun questionnaire post. Hope you can join in.

~Carla~ said...

You are making amazing progress with your Decluttering!! Wow! :)

I got that book too, glad to hear its a good read!

magsmcc said...

Gill- I was a canna too! Oh no- what a hateful character description! I'm sure we're not really like that- are we???

Karine said...

I will be decluttering my kitchen as well, but I think I will start with my bedroom this weekend and then maybe the pantries if I have time!

DeniseinVA said...

Good for you. With me it takes me a while to get motivated but I am decluttering our bedroom, have already decluttered another room and am very pleased with the result. I like the sound of this book, and have added it to my list of future reads. Thanks Gill.

DeniseinVA said...

My server is super slow today and it took a while for your header photo to show up but I hung around and am so glad I did. Such a beautiful setting for your daughter and son-in-law, I love it this photo.

Meri said...

I am having the same decluttering challenges. One thing leads to another project but I am starting to see things come together. It will all pay off. You are doing a great job and I do enjoy your blog so much.

Rose said...

I keep wanting to declutter, but am trying to finish the quilt top I am working on. I have all the blocks made and figured out how they are going tonight and got them labeled till I can hopefully sew them together right. If I ever get it done, other than patching a pair of jeans for Roger, I am not making any more commitments...I really do want to start getting rid of some things. This house is just too small for all the stuff in it.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...