Friday, May 25, 2012

Home of the Week and a cool link

This week's Home of the Week is overall okay, but I DO NOT like the furniture.  Also what is going on in the last photo, is that next door garage as well?  I actually love the wall paper in the powder room, despite not being a huge fan of wall paper.  With the way it is staged though it does not look like a house that is comfortable and lived in, especially on the main level.  Thought it was funny they have a sitting area on both bedroom floors; I guess you could get tired walking up and down all those stairs?

The Cottage of the Week is nice, though only accessible by boat, so I guess that could be a downside?  Love the furnishings, although I guess you could get a bit fed up of all that wood?  My only concerns would be with the plumbing and hydro, as with it being on an island, where does all the waste water go, and do you have back up generators, or is it generator only that gives you hydro?  Not sure I am worrying about all of that, as it's not like I have over $2 million laying around to buy it...LOL

Also have a Condo of the Week this week and if I had the money to buy it; it's on for $1 million and have over $1,000 a month to spend on condo fees I think I would go for this.  Those windows are just stunning; as are the views; plus you're right in the thick of things downtown.  My only gripe is that there is no outdoor space, as it would be neat to sit on your balcony and watch the world go by.  I even love the kitchen and the way it's laid out.

If you want to see a really cool wedding photo, click on this link and see the photo and read the article it's really neat.


4 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I love looking at your real estate finds! I think the house is lovely from the outside but the inside is too stark -- again, the furnishings. The cottage is nice but I think I would get tired of the interior being all wood. I would go for the condo, as well, having fallen completely in love with those round windows!

Karine said...

Love the wedding photo!!!

Cathy said...

Hello Gill
Have always loved your 'house of the week' feature - shame to think there will be no more.
Take time to rest and enjoy the family as well as whatever life brings you.
Take care
Cathy


Cathy @ Still Waters

fizzycat said...

Thankyou for the comment left for April's post.
I see you are having a break from blogging, I wish you the best whatever you do, take care, Fizz.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...