Friday, August 3, 2012

Home of The Week and grocery shopping...

Have to say this weeks, "Home of the Week," is a huge improvement on last week's eyesore!!!  Love the master bathroom, although having to clean the flipping place would be a full days job.  Great poster in the kitchen!!!  Overall I wouldn't say no to it, even the playset in the garden is great.  Only wish I had the $3.5 million to buy it!!

Finally an actual cottage for this weeks "Cottage of the Week."  I am pretty indifferent about it though.  All I can think about is all the biting bugs with it being in the forest.  I do like the views though.  Not sure about the tent thing, although if you are going to camp out, that wouldn't be too bad!!!  What are your thoughts?

The "Condo of the Week," is very..........white and would drive me crazy trying to keep it clean.  Again it's okay but nothing I would really want to own if I could ever afford the $2.3 million price tag.  Great views and super terrace, but the bathrooms are too modern for my tastes.  Kitchen not bad though.  The whole idea that the garage turns into a car wash, very interesting.  I wonder if that is why the place costs so much?


As I had to go out and run some errands on Thursday, I also did some grocery shopping, picking up a number of reduced items.  All in all I spent $54.29 and had savings of $25.52.  The only things I didn't get was fresh fruit and veggies, but I have enough left over I think from the week before.


For anyone who gets the Toronto Star newspaper, there is a coupon on the back page of the entertainment section, for $5 off burgers at Foodland.  We like their burgers, so took advantage of that deal.  I think the coupon expires at the end of August.


My grocery budget for the month of August is $300; however there is five Friday's in the month, so it will be interesting to see if I can manage that.

4 comments:

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Confident you won't have a problem managing a budget with 5 Fridays in it Gill ! LOL

Jane and Chris said...

Nah! None of those are for me...all the white on the condo pictures gave me a headache!
Jane x

Anonymous said...

I like the "home of the week". Only thing you would think for 3.5 million you would get a pool or two!! :)

Rose said...

Man, I think that home of the week is one of the best you ever posted...or else I am just in the right mood. I love the out of doors but didn't care for the cabin in the woods...don't know why...and seen all the white in the thumbnails of the condo and had no desire to even look at them.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...