Friday, September 14, 2012

Day out at St. Jacobs........

Lots of photos from our day out.

The colours were just stunning of these flowers.


I wonder how they "made" these roses multi coloured?


I had never seen onions this big before have you?

Jumbo sized radishes as well.  Beginning to wonder how they grow the veggies so big?
I wonder if these are cheese flavoured cauliflowers? (notice the spelling!!)
Bought some of these pears along with a basket of nectarines, which when I got home were past their best.  Should have checked them myself, rather than letting them pick the baskets!!
Home of the week will be on tomorrow's post.

5 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

The market looks huge!
Jane x

Rose said...

I get hungry just looking at all of these!

Lena said...

Yum!! And I think I've read somewhere that they artificially literally color the rainbow roses.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I used to get myself a bouquet of flowers every week at the Waterloo Market, which was the original market just across the street many moons ago... so commercial now *sad*. My MIL used to take her eggs and produce to that market also.

Aranka said...

Was at the St. Jacobs market this Thursday too. Saw the roses and was thinking the same thing "How are those petals coloured?".

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...