Saturday, September 8, 2012

Top or bottom first?

Saturday morning, we decided to go to The Garden Gallery in Barrie, as they were having a home show and it was free admission!!!

We stopped on the way there for a Timmies..........you know you're a fully fledged Canadian when you can't go anywhere without popping to Tim Hortons for a coffee and a donut or muffin.

I had a medium coffee with one cream and two milk and a raspberry muffin:

Just out of curiosity, do you eat the top or the bottom of your muffin first?  I eat the bottom first and leave the top for last, as that's the best bit in my opinion.
As we were wandering through the garden centre, we stumbled upon this Christmas tree all decked out for Halloween. Never seen anything like it before?

Then there was this Christmas tree all decked out in fall flowers:


At this rate we'll be keeping our Christmas trees up year round!!!!

11 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I love timmies bagels rather than muffins, cinnamin raisin toasted with butter and a double double. Nice cheap tasty breaky. Also addicted to their Canadian maple donuts but try and stay away as trying to lose weight :)

50 and counting said...

Depends on the muffin. Fruit explosions, eat the top first because there is still jam in the bottom bit. Chocolate chips ones (any type) bottom first and then savour the big chunks on top.

Don't laugh I have a friend who has a closet that she keeps her decorated Christmas tree in. She took the shelves out, put a sheet over the tree and shoves it away until next year!!

Linda said...

I'm a bottom first muffin person, always save the best part for last, the top.

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Gill,
What a beautiful Christmas tree with orange and yellow!!
I alway eat muffin from the top part.

Joolz said...

I think I break my muffins in half down the middle or just eat into them whole!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Free? Free admission? I am shocked! I eat the bottom first and savor all the goodness of the top next. The trees are amazing .. since we do have an artificial one, I suppose I could get away with keeping it up year round, but think that would get a bit tiring after awhile. I love the one best with the fall flowers. Bandit loved those new cookies, as did the rest of the Checkerboard Aussies.

Andi's English Attic said...

I've never thought of eating the bottom first. What a fab idea! I used to cut cold Mars Bars up and eat the bottom first saving the toffee bit for last so I think I would embrace eating muffins that way too. :)

Anonymous said...

I have the same muffin strategy as you! I like the trees. Also like leafless trees decorated with mini-lights!

Rose said...

If I had a lot of room, I would not mind the tree decorated for different seasons...actually kind of like the idea. But I don't have room, so I won't.

I eat bottom first and save the top for last...like you, I think it is the best.

Lena said...

I eat the bottom first too but never even thought of it before :)

Evelyn said...

I eat the bottom first but prefer the bagels, the sundried tomato with herb and garlic creme cheese

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...