Monday, October 1, 2012

A Weekend doing odds and ends......

Not sure about you, but this weekend just flew by; however not only the weekend but the month also.  We're now entering the last quarter of 2012, and again have to admit the year is moving along fast as well.

On Saturday we went to dd house as dh had to do some prep work as he's doing some electrical work at her house next Saturday.  Dd made us lunch and we had a M & M's Meats, Supreme Homestyle Lasagna.
Have to say it was really good, and will be buying it in the future. There is a promotion on at the moment, that when you make wine using the Glad Hatter brand of wine you get a $25 gift card to use when you spend $50 in M & M Meats.  I am going to use mine at the end of the month, to stock up the freezer.

We then went to pick up the laminate flooring for the basement.  It was on sale for $1.89; it should have been $3.29 per foot.  It is 12.3 mm and we are hoping to get it installed this month, so I'll show you photos when we have it laid.  I had hoped to keep it under $1.50 per foot, but this one was well worth the extra money.

On Sunday I cleaned out my coupon file, a job well over due; but as I am going grocery shopping today it was a good job done.  We then went to the Orangeville Fall Home Show.  Luckily we didn't have to pay to get in, as we were in and out in less than half an hour.  Came home and had lunch and then I did some more sewing on the baby quilt.  I only have to sew the binding on now and then I'm done.  However the Indian baby shower has be moved to the middle of November now, so no urgency to get it finished, but I want it out of the way as I need to work in the garden and the basement for the next couple of weeks.

Got a busy week ahead of me.  How about you?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've got some good jobs done!

Lovely that your DD cooked for you!

Sounds like hubby's busy too.

Have a great week!

Sft x

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Always busy here for some reason there is a never ending list; more so when it is the canning and preserving time of year. Yes there is lots of outside stuff to be put away before the white stuff arrives again.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yes, a busy week as I am on board to potty train the 2 yr. old. granddaughter. It has been a long time since I have potty trained anything, even a puppy, but I am willing to give it a go -- just wish she was!!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm impressed with all you accomplished. My coupons need to be cleaned out too. You've inspired me to do it today. :))

Jane and Chris said...

Too many things to do and not enught time to do it in.
Jane x

Piece by Piece said...

The list is never ending when you own a home, always something needs to be taken care of. By the sounds of it, you are going to be busy during the coming weeks.
I am getting my outdoor and garden chores done before I go on vacation. Plus my housework was almost nil during the Summer so have to get at that also.
Have a good week.
Patricia

John Going Gently said...

yes busy here too!!!
jam making today

~Carla~ said...

Hubby & kids love M&M stuff too... :) Hope your week isn't too crazy busy!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...