Thursday, November 1, 2012

November already?

Where on earth did October go too?  Mind you I am glad it is over with, as it hasn't been the best of months for us, especially with Molly's passing.  I do miss her, but it is getting easier everyday and I do enjoy not have slobber all over the window and dog hair everywhere, but I still miss her.

I did set myself a couple of goals for the month of October and have managed to achieve them.  One was to not put my heating on until November; and pleased to say we didn't and haven't as yet.  The other one was to bring my swagbuck total up to 3,600 points, which I managed.  Will be cashing in 2,250 over the next three days for another $25 worth of Amazon gift cards.  If anyone wants more details about swagbucks leave me a comment with your email address in it; I won't publish the comment and I will email you some tips about how to get the points.

November for us is a busy month, especially the first couple of weeks.  We have both baby shower's this weekend.  The following weekend is dd birthday.  In between hands I really, really want to get the floor installed in the new basement; however dh needs to get his tools back from dd so we can do that!!!  My goal is to have the new basement finished by the end of the year, and we are nearly there......

I am going to try and sell my snow tires from my old car again on Kijiji.  We have had no luck so far which sucks, as any money I make from selling them will help towards paying my snow tires on my new car.  It's $1,000 for snow tires on rims with sensors for my new car.

Another goal I have for the month of November is to have all the Christmas cards written and sent by the last week of November.  So that means I need to make a start on the dreaded Christmas letter!!!  I also want all the Christmas presents bought by the end of the month.  That is doable, just stuck on what to buy ds as small gifts.

16 comments:

bonsaimum said...

I know how you feel about Molly. I lost my boy Soba in October too and for the first time in years my back glass door doesn't have dog slobber over it. Good luck with your Xmas card writing and pressie buying. I like to get things done early as well, as I can't stand the crowds. :)

that british woman s brother said...

have a spare set of wheels and tyres for my landrover - you can allways nip across and get them - i'm sure dh can find a way of making them fit

Boopnut said...

Wow! I will just be lucky to get my ornaments done. Wonder if I'll get any Christmas cards done? Anyway, am looking forward to my trip to New Orleans.

Debby said...

Wow thats a lot of money for snow tires!! Maybe living in the south isn't so bad after all,Ha. Your November goals sound a whole lot like mine, good luck with it all

EG CameraGirl said...

I am impressed that you met your October goals and that you have set November goals already.

tlcukjourney said...

I'd like to know more about the bucks please!!

tlcukjourney said...

Speaking of tires, I had one shred yesterday, I pulled over to find it, luckily my ex was in the car as we were taking the kids trick or treating and he changed my tire for me, other wise I would have been on the side of the road waiting for him to show up! $1,000 is a lot of money! I do hope that you get those old ones sold so it will help with the new ones. I like all of the goals you set, I think I will do the same... I will set November goals... good plan. You really are an inspiration to me!

Jane and Chris said...

We have our snow tires on,and the car all reaady for winter...however,we're not.
Jane x

DeniseinVA said...

It took me a long, long time to get over my Bridgette's passing, so I know how you feel about Molly. Wish I could ease it for you.

Where did October go?

Unknown said...

My Goodness .... the mention of Christmas cards ... it brings it all that nearer .. must get myself into gear!

Vicky x

~Carla~ said...

I miss sweet Molly's photos... My heart goes out to you. :(

Good luck with this months goals, Gill! :)

Stella Jones said...

It hasn't been the easiest of months for me either Gill but here we are in November and my 'to do' list is much the same as yours. I have written most of the Christmas cards and now await the special Christmas stamps.
Good luck with selling your tires and with the basement floor etc.

Anonymous said...

Good luck this month Gill - it looks like a busy one! :)

Unknown said...

When we lost our little budgie Mr Trubs I even missed the bits of seed he used to spit onto our wall. Funny isn't it?

Bitter sweet memories.

I too am trying to get Christmas sorted by the end of November. For totally selfish reasons-so I don't have to think about it during December, when it's my birthday!

Didn't think about cards though. Thanks for the reminder.

Sft x

Connie said...

And living where you do, right in the heart of the Ont. snowbelt, you will need those tires. I don't think we can count on a moderate winter two years in a row. I do know how you feel about losing your dear Molly, as I lost a wonderful cat Jaymie, last summer at age 14. I cried for 3 days missing him. I still tear up occasionally when I look at him on my screensaver.

Rose said...

Sounds like you have big plans for the month. Hope you have success in all your endeavors...really hope you can sell your tires.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...