Sunday, March 24, 2013

My latest treasures.........

I put a bid in at charity shop for a group of seven jugs.  Now I was only interested in three of them and when I won the bid I donated the other four vases back to the store.  It was funny as when I went in she had the three picked out that I wanted to take home.  I told her she was good, she told me she knows exactly what I like!!!

Here are the three jugs I brought home:

It was the one on the right that caught my eye and it is a Hancock's Ivory Ware jug probably for the 1930's, if my research is correct and the back stamp is right:

I would love to know what 794 1 A means, it's probably something to do with the pattern number and who painted it???

The middle one also has a back mark on it:
It's not worth much but it's pretty.  The one on the left has no mark at all, and will now be called the bramble jug, as it has brambles/blackberries on it.

All in all they are a deal to my mind at $18 for all three, so I am happy.

By the way I have a feeling dd will be wanting the Hancock's Jug as she has just bought an orange accent chair to go in her living room, and her other colours are green and brown in there, so this jug would fit in perfectly!!!  Remind me to hide it when she comes over!!

17 comments:

Kaisievic said...

All three jugs are lovely but my favourite is the middle one - very pretty.

j udy said...

I love all three but my favorite is the one with the roses. How beautiful. If I was your daughter I would be sneaking out with the one on the right also...and the one with roses tucked up in my blouse and hoping you wouldn't notice :)

Aodhnait said...

All 3 are lovely but I do life the Hancock jug to most also.

Enie said...

PS. I have a few jugs but my husband still puts the carton of milk on the table when we have guests over!!

The Witch said...

Gill,
These jugs are very pretty. You are right the saleswoman really knows your taste. The tall one would look lovely with some tulips of all colours inside.
I just love your latest Quilt blocks they look like stain glass against your window with the light shining behind them.

Anonymous said...

Funny, you call them jugs. We call them 'creamers' here in the US. I also love the one in the middle, good find. Bess

Boyett-Brinkley said...

All three are pretty but I, too, like the Hancock. It reminds me of our house when I was growing up -- same sort of color scheme and modern. Good buy!

Crafty Gardener said...

Three very pretty jugs. I like the middle one. Nice you donated the others back to the store.

Anne said...

They are all pretty but I like the Hancock jug the best.It will look lovely with some flowers in.

Cash Only Living said...

Pretty! I love old ceramic and pottery whether they are worth anything or not. Great finds!

Jane said...

Nice additions to your collection Gill!

Country Gal said...

They are all pretty ! I really like the one from England with the English rose pattern on ! I to like bone china ! Thanks for sharing them with us ! Have a good evening !

Lena said...

Pretty! The middle one reminds me of the set my Grandma used to have!

Rose said...

That Hancock's one sure caught my eye! But I like the the others, too.

DeniseinVA said...

Congratulations Gill, they are lovely!

bonsaimum said...

They are all very pretty, but I especially like the middle one with the roses. You find such lovely things. :)

Anonymous said...

You do great with your "finds," Gill!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...