Friday, May 10, 2013

Interesting fact from my doctor........

As I have mentioned before I have allergies now.  Didn't start with them until we moved up here and when tested the guy thought it was probably due to some crop, and we think it is the yellow blooms on the canola oil crop.  However since then I have suffered with allergies more and more throughout the year.

Ontario is a hot bed for allergies for some reason and our doctor was saying that people from Western Europe who move over here normally take around 8 to 10 years living here before they become susceptible to allergies.  He was also saying people from California are the same.  So I guess I was lucky as we will have been in Canada 24 years at the end of this month.

This week's "Home of the Week," is lovely on the outside, but needs a bit of work on the inside.  The bathrooms and the kitchen need to be gutted, which surprises me, as I would have thought at  $2.4 million it would have all been updated?  It's got good bones and for someone willing to add a bit more money to it, it will be a wonderful family home.

This week's "Condo of the Week," is different with the three levels.  Also did you see the light "fixture" in the kitchen?  Also what's with the third level dining room?  Plus I wouldn't want to sit on that bench for any length of time.  I bet they paid a small fortune for that dining room set and its horrible.  I am not a huge fan of industrial lofts period and this one is no exception, despite it "only" on for $715,000!!

There's also a feature called: Condo Showdown: five sumptuous residences in Toronto luxury hotels; which you can read about here.  If I had that sort of money, I would not be buying a condo in the middle of Toronto!!

I finished dd table runner and thought I'd share a couple of photos.  It's around 58 inches long and 19 inches wide.  The photos don't do it justice.  This is the front:

This is the back:


Finally my goal is to finish up my kitchen post for tomorrow....but don't hold your breath!

10 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Hope your allergies are soon gone. Love the runner!

Jane and Chris said...

A house with a yoga studio? And you're not putting in an offer?!!!
Jane x
PS O&R will look lovely asleep on the runner!

~Carla~ said...

Allergies suck... I figure i'm in for it till first frost. And we know how long that'll be! *sigh*

Love the table runner! Especially the cute bird fabric on the back! Great job! :)

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry about the allergies Gill, and what a pretty runner you made.

Rose said...

First want to make a comment about the condo...did you notice the top kitchen cabinets? They were up so high, I would have to get a stool to reach the bottom shelf almost. That is all I am saying about it...

Would love to see your table running in person...it is hard to get photos that do justice to our crafts.

And as for the home of the week, it almost looks like they took a kitchen photo from some other place and stuck it in there. I really like parts of the home though.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain with the allergies. I never had any until I moved to Florida 12 yrs ago. The able runner is gorgeous!

Eileen M said...

I read somewhere that eating locally produced honey helps to build up a resistance to pollen based allergies. No proof of course but it seems a reasonable idea so could be worth a try.

John Going Gently said...

Intheuk allergies are at an all time high..especially hayfever

Karen said...

The allergies seem to get worse and worse every year. I think it's all that GM stuff we are bombarded with. Our bodies don't know how to handle this oddball stuff.
Love the runner!

The Witch said...

Gill,
Hope your allergies clear up soon.
I just love the table runner you have made for your daughter. What a lucky girl she is to have such a talented Mom.
Have you ever thought about selling one? I'm sure you could.
Have a great weekend.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...