Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Canada's Most Iconic Book Cover............

After weeks of voting, our search for Canada's most iconic book cover is over! You've chosen Robert Munsch's Love You Forever as the winner, edging out Anne of Green Gables in a very close vote. Love You Forever claimed the title of Canada's Most Iconic Book Cover with 52 per cent of the final vote. 

For more of the CBC interview click here.

We have this book and it always brings tears to my eyes.  It's a keeper...........

4 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I have had this book since the late 80's and everytime I read the beginning "I'll love you forever I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be" I tear up...I had thought to give the Kindle edition to my 14 year old grand daughter...I love it so...
Sandi

Jane and Chris said...

Never heard of it, but as we don't have children it's not surprising.
Jane x

Rose said...

Oh, I so love this book...Sarah has it and she gets it for everyone that is having a baby. And yes, I tear up, too.

Evelyn said...

I am one of the few people who hate this book. The nurse read it to the class when I took Lamaze and expecting baby number one. I was sick and tired and I associate this book with being sick and tired and the last page when he carries the mother feels creepy to me for some reason.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...