Thursday, September 12, 2013

It could only happen to us!

I don't know why but some days I think we just attract the strangest type of people.  On our way down we stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Tennessee to have a bite to eat.  We were minding our own business and eating our lunch when one of the servers came up to dh and asked what was on his t-shirt.  Dh said it was from the World Cup.  After seeing the blank expression on her face I said Soccer.

This is the t-shirt:
She went on to say "she thought it was maybe something to do with the theory of evolution and how we are all descended from people in Africa and thought he was brave wearing that around here?"  At our blank expressions she moved on.  Honestly it is a t-shirt from the 2010 World Cup Soccer, nothing more, nothing less!!!

Today we planned our day so we would have lunch at the Old Mill Restaurant in Pigeon Forge.  It is a very popular place and serves great corn chowder and corn fritters.  I love them and was really looking forward to them.  We are seated and across the way are a group of four people.  The one guy facing me tells me I am wearing an unusual t-shirt.  This is it:
What pray tell is unusual about this t-shirt?  So I say a couple of words back to him and he continues the conversation about my bloody t-shirt.  In the end I jokingly said stop looking at my chest, but no he carried on.  He was with his wife and two other guys and were older than us.  One of the other guys managed to change the conversation, thank goodness, but they continued to chat away, even when we got our soup.  They finally shut up when their meal came. 

Just after that our meal came and we had both ordered meatloaf with mashed potatoes and those bloody awful green beans.  What is it with everyone down here that they have to have green beans with everything?  Anyhow, we had just started eating our meal when the guy started to choke.  Then he vomited and coughed and coughed and coughed and vomited and vomited into his cloth napkin.  

Now despite not looking you could hear what was going on.  Suffice to say not only did I not eat my green beans, but barely touched the rest of my meal.  I was so disappointed, as I was looking forward to this meal; but I just couldn't stomach it. It turns out the guy had a Hiatus Hernia.  Oh well what can you do?

We finally got some rain, so fingers crossed it will cool down some.  Here is a view from our cabin looking towards Pigeon Forge.




9 comments:

Rose said...

Now you're talking...you two sound just like my daughter and her hubby...they attract some of the weirdest people sometime and have some of the strangest things happen to them. I had wondered was it cause they were young and Sarah is so petite, that people think they can push her around...

Neither shirt was weird...

Now, I don't know if you would be interested or not...just thought I would mention it and you can look it up and see if you would want to go. But up by Knoxville, TN which is not that far from you there is this place called Museum of Appalachia...this coming weekend is Pioneer Antique weekend or something like that. (My brother and his wife plan to go is how I happened to know that.) Anyway, thought I would mention it in case you two would be interested in.

barbara woods said...

we live just south in n. west georgia

Debby said...

Never know what you will run into "In dem dar hills" "In them there hills" for those that don't speak hillbilly. Don't know what was so odd about your shirts, I love your tee!!

tlcukjourney said...

LOL...
It's because you were in Tennessee my friend.
The Gene pool is very shallow!
(I KID I KID)!!
Tammy x

Unknown said...

Aren't you amazed that people talk to you at all. I am from New England and most would not start a conversation in a restaurant. I now live in Florida and can't get over how many Floridians just start talking - good or bad, wherever they may be. Such a difference in cultures. Otherwise, I hope you are enjoying your trip.

Jane and Chris said...

You see, I'm really not that much trouble...am I?
Jane x

Anonymous said...

What happened with the corn chowder, were they all out. I kept reading on to hear if you enjoyed it. Love the shirts. Bess-MA

Jackie McGuinness said...

I HATE those green beans as well!!
Love Cracker Barrel!

bonsaimum said...

All part of the experience. LOL

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...