Saturday, March 14, 2015

If you're in Ontario you may have seen this ad on tv.........


I think that is such a funny advert, don't you?

I seem to have good expensive taste.  I really, really like this light fixture:
I need three though for my front hall, they are from here.  The price over $500 each.  Not sure what I will do about it.  I will have to think on this for a while.

Did my grocery shopping on Friday and ended up spending $91.10 with savings/coupons of $8.50.  I have updated my grocery total in the left hand column.   My best deal of the week is this packet of Bombay Mix.
I bought twelve packages in total and paid 25 cents per package and that included taxes.  What a deal.  Dh likes them and they have an expiry date in 2016; I doubt they will last that long though.

Knitting update:  Got around 9 rows knitted and discovered I had picked up an extra stitch.  So pulled a couple of rows out and then got totally confused.  So pulled the whole lot out and then cast on again {{SIGH}}  However this is a learning period and the more I do it the more I will learn.  So all is not lost.







15 comments:

Belinda said...

Great deal on the Bombay mix!

The Cranky said...

Hilarious advert!

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like you have a good attitude about the knitting, Gill. Keep at it and you will win! :) Amazing deal on the Bombay Mix!

Evelyn said...

funny commercial! WTG on the savings, I paid 4 dollars for a Joe Fresh new pair of velour pants last night, originally 40 dollars, it was because it was a size 2!

Country Gal said...

I have seen that advert it is funny ! I like the M&M adverts they are funny to all though most of our shows are PVR recorded we just zoom through the commercials lol . Never had Bombay mix , Hope your enjoy your knitting ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

That is a funny ad! And only 25 cents a package? What a deal!

Scrappy quilter said...

I've pulled many a row out too. Your are so right, it's all about learning and patience. You will get it and then you will wonder why you've never done it before. Keep at it!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

That IS a funny advert! I loved putting the stick in the "patient's" mouth!

William Kendall said...

A very modern looking light fixture.

Linda said...

The ad is hilarious, Gill. :)

Rose said...

I have not seen the Bombay mix...looks interesting. I can only imagine the confusion with the knitting...

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Those lights sure are expensive, but will be timeless to you I am sure. Good for you to not give up on the knitting

PJ said...

Super deal you got with the Bombay Mix!

Anonymous said...

I think that advert is one of the best on TV right now!

McVal said...

Just getting caught up! You've had a lot going on!! Happy Birthday!!! and those littles are adorable...

As for memory...what was I saying?

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...