Friday, May 8, 2015

Couple of things..........

I am finding the picture verification annoying, because it asks say to tick off the bread, and sometimes you're not sure what exactly is bread or not?  Am I the only one who finds this annoying?  Mind you that scrambled word verification was not any better either?

I finish my antibiotics today, thank goodness.  My stomach issues have settled down thanks to the Peptobismol, but I am so tired.  Not sure if its the after effects of being sick or the medication.  Just doing the smallest of jobs has me bone tired.

This week's "Home of the Week," is on for $3.3 million.  For that you get a gorgeous looking Victorian house that has been turned into 3 apartments......WHY???  I realize a house that size would take a lot of upkeep but to turn it into apartments, is awful.  Mind you the two, two bedrooms apartment could generate up to $5400 a month between them.

This week's "Condo of the Week," just boggles my mind.  At $6.5 million that's expensive, and on top of that there are over $3,000 a month maintenance fees, who can afford that?  The infinity pool worries me, what if it leaks?  If I had that sort of money I would be expecting something more than that condo.  I could live in it without changing much though so I guess that's something?

Both are disappointing to me this week.

Now after spending weeks, and weeks complaining about the cold miserable winter weather, I feel a bit bad saying it's a tad too warm for me.......but it is!!


18 comments:

Craig said...

Yes, those food verification items drive me nuts. I always get them wrong! If there needs to be verification then the numbers are much easier. I must admit I like the condo - what a location! The finish is beautiful but it seems to me to be way overpriced.

Evelyn said...

I haven't seen the picture verification yet and I hate the word verification as I am never sure if it is capital or lower letters

angela said...

Glad your feeling better. Yup the weather is alway too hot or too cold. I only like a small zone of temperature.

Belinda said...

Those are some expensive mainenance fees. I don't know many people who could afford those either.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Gill I was on antibiotics and they did work for me I do hope you have the same results. Take care Hug B

The Cranky said...

Hope you're over the tiredness soon.

I'm over cities (and towns) unless it's a country estate I'm all bah humbug!

Cat Lover said...

Glad you are done the antibiotics. My Mom recently had a sinus infection and was on them too. She hardly ate for a week(not good when you are 81) but did get her appetite back eventually. I agree with you about the heat. In Ontario we seem to go from winter to midsummer in a couple of weeks. I need time to adjust to the warmer temperatures!

slugmama said...

Glad to hear I am NOT the only one who sometimes can't tell the bread from the pasta. lolz

Unknown said...

Yes! I have a hard time with those picture verifications too. I thought it was just me! It was 80(F) here yesterday...a little too hot for me. We turned on air conditioning.

Jane and Chris said...

No such thing as too hot! It'll be in the 30Cs for three days...guess who is grinning!
Jane x

magsmcc said...

Struggling to understand the difference between house and condo? Love the outside of the Victorian. Would be heart-broken to split it up! Hope you'll soon be feeling stronger- i think the meds are just as draining as the illness xx

Gail said...

Glad you are healing.

Are you house hunting or just dreaming?

New Madrid had a major quake in 1812. The river only appeared to run backwards as the floor of the river was lifted up in some spots to 36 feet. When the water was damned the force and volume caused the current to back wash. Some boats, according to witnesses, were taken back up the river for four miles. Falls, rapids, sink holes and sand spouts developed. The banks and trees along the river were pulled into the huge volumes of held back water. As the current washed the bed down level again, the river returned to "normal" Interesting history. Thanks for visiting.

Rose said...

I would have loved to see the home of the week as a single home. I love the looks from the outside...as for the condo, not my cup of tea.

Betsy said...

I don't care for the word verification either. It always drives me batty! Not a fan of either of the houses this week. So much money! Have a lovely day!
Blessings,
Betsy

Kitty Greene said...

Don't push yourself too hard, your body obviously isn't ready to get back to normal yet.
Rest ...

William Kendall said...

I haven't seen picture verification either. Just the word verification is nuts enough.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I hate all sorts of word verification and hate it even more when sites have the verification and then the comment has to be approved.
Hope the lovely weather today will give you some more energy.

Scrappy quilter said...

I haven't seen the picture verification yet either. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Hopefully you won't be so tired in the not too distant future.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...