Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Been a bit sidetracked for a couple of days,

not sure doing what but enough to have "forgotten" to do blog post's.

Anyway here are a couple of things I have been thinking about/doing.

Actually got a little bit of gardening done, but for the past three days we have had frost on the rooftops in a morning, so need to wait a little longer before putting out any tender plants/annuals.

Been thinking about those poor folk in Fort McMurray, Alberta.  I can't begin to imagine what they have gone through and are going through.



Click here to read a recent article on the situation.

I am making progress on my Necessary Clutch that I mentioned here.  This one is going to be far from perfect, as I am figuring out things as I go along.  Suffice to say I know what I am NOT going to do the next time I make one.

Mother's Day has been and gone for another year.  Got to see the kids so that is good.

"R" is down to less than three weeks now and dd is around a month.  Glad when they have both had the babies, as both are looking weary now.

Got the drywall guy sorted out and he should be here before the end of the month.  Had the hydro inspector in to inspect dh's electrical work as we took out a permit because we had visions of one of our neighbours reporting us........yes I am being serious.

Funny thing the inspector was coming on a Thursday and the inspector was a woman.  A guy knocked on the door on a Wednesday and said he was the inspector and he knew he was a day early.  First thing out of my mouth is "you're supposed to be a woman?"

The lady inspector was on maternity leave and he was just filling in.  Luckily dh picked up his phone so he could tell the inspector what's what, as I am clueless.  We got the all important sticker so that's good.

Picked up some of the drywall/plaster board, to save us some money, and did indeed save $69 + 13% tax and doing that.  The other things we need we will have to get delivered ($50 charge) as dh's truck is not big enough.  Did you know the 8 ' x 4 ' sheets of Lite drywall are still flipping heavy???  Dh has a fancy handle thing he can use to lift them one at a time down the basement.  Plus we have the boys coming over on the long weekend, to move the bigger sheets down the basement for us.

We are buying the supplies and the guy is providing the labour.

Well that's it for today, need to get on.  Will be back tomorrow, have a good one!

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

The fires out west are very much on my mind too.

Stella Jones said...

You must be getting excited about your two new grand babies Gill. Our new grand baby is due at the end of June, the day before the EU Referendum. I'm looking forward to seeing her soon.

Betsy said...

How exciting to be waiting the arrival of the new little ones. Such a happy time. It sounds like you have been very, very busy getting ready for your project. When we do something like that I always think, "it won't be too bad." And then the little details begin and never seem to end. I feel so bad for the people in the path of the horrendous fires. Ours were bad enough last year here in Washington State and I don't think they were as bad as the one that is raging in Canada right now. My prayers are with everyone there.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jackie said...

After almost a week of lovely weather here in Saskatchewan, we are heading into what we hope will be our last frost of the season later this week.

Getting lots of rain today, which hopefully lifts the fire ban in the bottom third of the province. Bracing for the Fort McMurray fire to hit the north of the province.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

My heart goes out to all those people affected by the fires, a terrible time.

angela said...

Don't you just hate busy bodies. Always In your business. We have seen the fires here on the news. Terrible
We live with bushfire threat here every years. And so I can rally understand how devastating this is for th people involved. Prayers sent out to them xx

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...