Saturday, November 5, 2016

Our Nora is fitter than me!!

Dh took Nora down to the river the other day while she was here.  As I had not been down that way dh took me down to the river on Saturday afternoon.  Now going down there wasn't a problem, it was the coming back up the hills that turned out to be an issue.

Nora had no problem walking there and back; thought I was going to croak....LOL  Totally out of breath despite taking breaks and walking at a snail's pace.  Guess I am not as fit yet as I thought I would be.  Sitting down in the chair for a while when we got home did the trick and my heavy breathing stopped.

Sad when you think about it, that a 3 year old can out pace her Nana!

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

Three year old children are boundless founts of energy, replenished by naps.

sweetbriardreams said...

Oh I remember all the running around after my daughter at that age and being totally confused as to how she kept going. Bless their hearts! Hope you are resting now! xx

Rose said...

Hey, a three year old can outdo a 30 yr old...or at least Lorelei could. I do hope you start making great gains in feeling normal again. It is slow going as we get older. Roger and I mowed our little yard today...he on the riding and I did push mower on some of the spots where it is easier. We are both worn out.

Jackie said...

I have trouble going up hill as well. Remember you have been sick as well so things could be a bit off for awhile.

God bless.

Unknown said...

Pretty sure both of you could out do me right now!

Terra said...

It is good you are taking those long walks, don't worry about competing with the three year old.

Linda said...

I was grunting to pick up a 6-lb bag of baking soda. The three-year-old watching me just snatched it up when I turned it loose, grunting. She snatched it up with one hand and carried to where I wanted it. Shocking! This was my friend's g-daughter.

mamasmercantile said...

My Grandchildren can outrun us all. Sending you a hug and hoping you feel stronger soon.

Jane said...

Start off with short distances and work your way up to longer distances. Don't increase too quickly. Kids can also nap at the drop of a hat while we keep going. They sure can teach us a lot!

Betsy said...

Three year olds have unending energy,,,not fair to compare yourself, especially when you haven't been well. Take care of yourself my friend and go slowly.
Blessings
Betsy

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...